Sunday, July 22, 2012

3 months

Koleen is 3 months old.

The last three months seem like a blink. I feel like I opened my eyes one morning and this tiny, red, sleepy little baby had transformed into an energetic and interactive personality.

the things the last 3 months have taught me:
Patience. things take time. the most important will get done one way or another.
Flexibility. My way is not always right and sometimes we do things in a different order than I had planned. But that's ok, my way is not perfect.
Purpose. caring for a baby gives me a whole new sense of purpose. since I am responsible for her, it makes me think more than once about all my decisions, from my driving style to our finances, to the way I spend my evenings.
joy. I have learned that joy is an attitude and not a circumstance. I have a lot to be happy about, and realizing that has helped me to see that every new situation is a moment to choose my attitude, and I'd like it to be perpetual joy.
overrated. The following things you actually can live without: sleep. Coffee (ever tried to make a pot with one hand?). Clothes free from baby drool. Making a quick get away.
priceless. the following are things you can never have enough of: hugs. Baby smiles. Watching Matt be a great Dad. Family snuggle time. Taking pictures. Bath time.

I pray as I continue down this path that God continues his work in me.

1 comment:

  1. Coffee one handed CAN happen, as can cooking while nursing! The quick get aways will come again and PLEASE never stop taking pictures of my neice!!

    ReplyDelete